A business owner may need to address the following issues when closing or selling their business:
- Cancelling the company and business name;
- Ending or transferring lease agreements; and
- Cancelling taxation registrations.
The video 'Journey of selling or closing a small business' may assist individuals through the different stages of the process, with advice such as:
- Investigate how to sell or close the business;
- Getting ready to sell or close the business;
- Learn how to find a buyer for the business;
- Find out more on contract preparation;
- Understanding the settlement process; and
- Know how to finalise after sale closure.
There is also a Q&A video that gives the business owner the answers to most commonly asked questions.
For more information, click here.