Pay slips must be given to employees within 1 working day of their pay day, even if the employees are on leave.
Pay slips must be issued in an electronic format or hard copy. Electronic pay slips should be in an easy to print format and contain the same information as hard copy pay slips.
The details of an employee's pay covered in their pay slips include:
- Employer's and employee's name
- Employer's Australian Business Number
- Pay period
- Date of payment
- Gross and net pay
- The hourly rate and number of hours worked
- Any loadings; allowances, bonuses, incentive-based payments, penalty rates or other paid entitlements
- Any deductions from the employee's pay
- Any superannuation contributions paid for the employee's benefit.
A pay slip template can be accessed from the Fair Work website.
Click here for more information.