- Withhold 46.5% of the payment;
- If you are not already registered for PAYG withholding, you must register as
soon as possible;
- Pay the remaining 53.5% to the supplier;
- Give the supplier an original copy of a ‘PAYG payment summary – withholding
where ABN not Quoted’ form and retain a copy for your records;
- Remit the total of the amounts withheld for the period on your activity
statement at item W4;
- Lodge your activity statement and make the required payment by the due date;
- At the end of the year, complete the ‘PAYG withholding where ABN not quoted – annual report’ form and lodge it with the Tax Office by October 31.
An exemption from these rules may be available if:
- The payment for the full supply is $75 or less (excluding GST); or
- The supplier provides you with a completed form titled ‘Statement by a supplier’ providing the reason why an ABN has not been quoted. For a copy of this form, click here.