Note: For supplier opening balances and historical purchases the principles & process are the same. Historical sales and purchases will also not generate Baslink figures, so your BAS must be done manually for these periods.
Enter the opening balance of your Trade Debtors account
This account represents the amount owed to you by your customers. To do this:
- Go to the Setup menu & choose Balances then choose Account Opening Balances. The Account Opening Balances window is displayed
- Locate the Trade Debtors account, then in the Opening Balance column enter the sum total of what your customers owe you as at the time you began to keep your records using MYOB software
- Click OK.
Enter previous sales
Entering the sales you made prior to using your MYOB software which are still unpaid, in other words your pre-conversion sales, will allow you to record payments subsequently received against these sales. To do this:
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Opening Balances then choose Customer Balances. The Customer Balances window is displayed
- Click Add Sale. The Historical Sale window is displayed
- Enter the details of the pre-conversion sale as per the following example
- Click Record
- Click OK to the alert regarding cash reporting
- Repeat steps 2 - 5 for all your pre-conversion sales Note: You need to enter historical sales for all customers that had pre-conversion sales which were still unpaid as at the time you began to use your MYOB software