Search This Blog

Friday, 13 November 2015

Licence requirements for market stalls

  1. Whether a taxpayer sets up a market stall to sell their second-hand goods or cupcakes at the local farmer’s market or annual fair, certain types of registrations, licences, permits or insurance may be required.
  2. To assist taxpayers, the website has compiled information on common licences that market stall owners may need to apply for.
  3. Although the applications required may be overwhelming, they are important in helping to protect the taxpayer and their investments in their market stall business.
  4. Common applications and regulations taxpayers may need to consider include:
      • Footpath usage/obstruction permit from the local council;
      • Insurance for public and product liability;
      • Products meet the product safety and standards requirements and trade measurement laws; and
      • Temporary food licences.
  5. Regulation and license obligations vary in each state, territory and local council, so taxpayers need to check their obligations for each government level.
  6. For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment